Sunday, September 30, 2012

Meet Scoopy-Doo.

With me no longer on bed rest, and a clear bill of health for The Bean life returned to 'new-normal'. New- normal meant that I should go back my pre-pregnancy lifestyle but no heavy-lifting, strenous housework, or exercise. Basically bed rest without the bed...new normal.

No exercise meant that walking or riding my bicycle to the train station was off the cards. We also decided that riding on the back of Shin's motorcycle probably wouldn't be all that safe either. Especially as any quick stops would send The Bean flying into Shin's tailbone. So, for the first week of new-normal The In-Laws lent us their car. Driving to work was awesome, paying for parking wasn't. In fact, parking in general wasn't all that great. After the tiniest altercation with a wall during one particularly hurried parking job, Shin decided that we needed some wheels of our own. Could it be that I was finally going to get my FIRST car!?

No.

No car for you lady.

Lucky for me, we did get the next best thing, A SCOOPY! I have wanted a Scoopy scooter ever since I moved to Japan. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this particular piece of high performance machinery, a picture can say a thousand words:



The word I choose is fabulous.

Scoopy-Doo gets me from the house to the train station, transports The Bean to the hospital for check-ups, and is perfect for running errands around town. You wouldn't believe the number of things from Costco that you can fit in the space under the seat. On Mondays and Tuesdays when I am off, Shin and I like to scout out new restaurants, parks and shops in the area. When our adventures take us further than walking distance we just hop on our bikes and go touring together. Bless Shin for not being utterly embarassed.


Scoopy-Doo and The Ninja, BFFs.

No comments:

Post a Comment